The study of human anatomy and physiology has evolved over the years with major advancements in research and technology. Physiology is the study of bodily functions e.g. respiration, digestion, circulation, reproduction.
The body is subject to certain laws as it is a chemical and a physical machine.
Lets take a look at some of the leading advancements in the study of anatomy and physiology and see what perils it saved us from and what benefits we receive from it today.
Anatomy is always linked to physiology, the study of how biological processes function in living organisms. In the medical sciences, it is not considered sufficient to simply identify a structure, its function must also be described and understood.
Anatomy Study Tips & Tricks
The human body structure contains 206 bones and over 600 muscles. Learning these structures requires time, and good memorization skills. The below mentioned tips will help make this learning and memorizing easier:
1. Know the language: it is most important to understand the terminology
2. Constantly review what you have learned; use practice quizzes before taking a test or exam.
3. Use anatomy study aids: these are almost essential when studying anatomy, e.g. flash cards
Physiology Study Tips
1. Memorize basic information as a foundation for later study, e.g. The eleven body systems, etc.
2. Look for the commonalities between processes and functions
3. Set learning objectives.
4. Learn the terminology; make a cheat-sheets or flash cards if needed
5. Review your basic biology
Studying Human Anatomy and Physiology is extremely fascinating as every body part and function has it’s own unique job. Learning how the body is made up of different parts and holds some key information on how the body is so well adapted to it’s job.