As parents, we want to make sure our children are getting the nutrition they need. Here are 8 things that are a red flag in children’s vitamins:
1. Aspartame – a synthetic combination of the amino acids that converts into highly toxic methanol and formaldehyde in the body. Aspartame is a neurotoxin and carcinogen
2. Cupric Oxide – According to the European Union’s Dangerous Substance Directive, Cupric Oxide is listed as a Hazardous substance, Industrial applications as a pigment in ceramics, and as a chemical in the production of rayon fabric and dry cell batteries
3. Coal Tar Artificial Coloring Agents – Linked to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Combined with aspartame, it is toxic.
4. Zinc Oxide -used in sunscreen, it is also considered a hazardous substance by the European Union’s Dangerous Substance Directive
5. Sorbitol – synthetic sugar substitute and is classified as a sugar alcohol.
Linked to stomach pain, irritable bowel syndrome and gastrointestinal disturbances
6. Ferrous Fumarate – an industrial mineral substitute for iron that not found in nature as food. Leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6, the manufacturer warns: Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
7. Hydrogenated Soybean Oil – A semisynthetic fatty acid, this ingredient has been linked to over a dozen health issues including coronary artery disease and cancer. It can also be related to violent behavior and fatty liver disease.
8. GMO Corn Starch – well-known dangers of genetically modified foods including heart, liver, and pancreas problems; intestinal damage; allergies and more
If you have questions about which vitamins are good for your children, don’t hesitate to call!