Spinal health plays an essential role in whole-body wellness. A healthy spine allows for maximum flexibility, painless movement in addition to full nerve function.
An unhealthy spine could also be a sign of hormone imbalance or problems with the cardiovascular or digestive techniques.
Ways to Keep Your Spine in Healthy
To ensure your spine actually reaches and maintains maximum health, follow these hints:
1. Do not stand or sit in one position for long periods of time. If your job involves plenty of sitting and stooping, pause frequently and walk around.
2. Do not sit in soft or deep chairs, as it puts increased stress through your lumbar spine and discs.
3. Sleep on a comfortable, supportive bed that does not sag.
4. Exercise on a regular basis and only do prescribed movements that are good for your spine.
5. If reading in a chair, bring the book up to eye level instead of leaning forward which strains your neck.
Many chiropractors provide free classes on how to care for the spine and other general health matters. Chiropractors are whole body specialists with proactive treatment plans to help people live longer, healthier lives.