Osteopathy is a drug-free, non-invasive manual therapy that improves the overall health of the body by manipulating and strengthening the musculoskeletal framework. It is a natural medicine with the intention of restoring the normal function of the body by treating the causes of pain and imbalances that may be the result of injury, illness, stress, and the chronicity of daily living. Treatment involves gentle and subtle manipulation, especially of the muscles and soft tissues. The doctor may stretch or massage the muscle. These techniques include stretching, gentle pressure, and resistance, known as osteopathic manipulative medicine.
There are several benefits of Osteopathy which are as follows –
- Osteopathy removes the underlying cause of pain.
- It reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
- Increase the range of motions in the joints.
- Encourage the body to heal itself.
- Relieve chronic pain.
- Decrease the stress on the joints
- Reduce tension in the body.
- Relieve tension headaches and migraine headaches
- Help the body to adapt to hormonal and structural changes during pregnancy.
- This therapy helps to improve postural problems due to pregnancy, sports injury, driving or work strain, or digestive issues.
- Treat spinal problems resulting from poor posture or spinal disk injuries.